Victoria ISD welcomes and encourages parents, grandparents, family members, and members of the community to become involved in our schools through volunteering. There are many ways to get involved in the education of children.
Anyone interested in volunteering for the 2019-2020 school year must complete the VISD Volunteer Application in order to be cleared to volunteer at any district location or district-sponsored event this school year, and must also pass a criminal background check. The Volunteer Application and background check use the Raptor system. Applicants must use their legal name as it appears on your valid government issued ID. Volunteer applicants are required to have a personal email address in order to submit the application. Volunteers who do not have an email address may enter a cell phone number if their provider supports SMS messaging, or may use firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our standard school safety procedures, all volunteers and visitors to VISD campuses must provide a photo ID each time they visit any District facility.
Who Needs to Complete a Volunteer Application?
- You are a parent or non-parent who will be helping staff or students during campus operating hours or during a school-sponsored function and may, at any time, be unaccompanied by a VISD employee.
- Anyone who is not a parent, grandparent, or guardian of a student enrolled on the campus.
- A Victoria ISD administrator requests you complete the Volunteer Application
For the safety of our students, anyone wishing to volunteer in Victoria ISD must complete the online Volunteer Application Form.
- A new application must be submitted each school year
- Application takes approximately five minutes to complete
- Provide an official government photo ID. (See below for accepted forms of identification)
- A criminal background check will be completed
- Allow 3-5 business days for application to be processed
- You will be notified by email when your Volunteer Application has been approved
- All campus visitors are required to provide a valid photo ID at check-in. Only those who have successfully submitted the Volunteer Application and been approved will be able to sign-in as a volunteer.
Accepted forms of identification
Any of the following forms of photo identification are acceptable to become a volunteer:
- A valid, current driver license issued by any state or US territory
- A valid, current identification card issued the state of Texas with photo
- A valid, current passport issued by the United States
- A valid, current military ID card
- A valid, current Resident Alien Card issued by the United States government
- A valid, current Alien Registration Card (Visa, Permanent Resident, Employment Authorization Card) issued by the United States Government
- Any other official photo identification card, which includes the person’s full name and date of birth, issued by another country
Victoria ISD will use the information in your Volunteer Application to run a background check. This usually takes 2-3 business days.
You will receive an email with your approval status and login credentials for the Volunteer Portal, which can be accessed here