Victoria Independent School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

Parent Complaints

The following information about how to formally bring a complaint to the school is intended to provide parents and students an opportunity to resolve questions and problems that may arise. If further information is needed, contact the Office of Administration at 361.788.9330.
To review policies or obtain further information regarding a complaint process, see the school principal. Additional information can also be found in designated Board policies available for reviewing here and in the Superintendent's Office.

Concerns Regarding Instruction 

Complaints about instructional materials, loss of credit on the basis of attendance, removal to alternative education programs, expulsion or prior review of non-school materials intended for distribution to students are handled through procedures specific to those particular areas.

Concerns Regarding Discrimination

A student and/or parent with a complaint regarding possible discrimination on the basis of gender in any school program should contact Tammy Nobles, Director of Student Services, at 361.788.9250.

Concerns Regarding Students With Disabilities

A complaint or concern regarding the placement of a student with disabilities who is not eligible for special education or a complaint about the District's programs and services available to the student should be brought to the attention of the Section 504 Coordinator - Tammy Nobles, Director of Student Services 361.788.9250.

Concerns Regarding Community Relations Conduct on School Premises 

In accordance with Education Code 37.105, the District has the right to refuse entry to or eject a person from property under the District’s control if the person refuses to leave peaceably upon request and:

  1. The individual poses a substantial risk of harm to any person; or
  2. The individual continues to behave in a manner inappropriate for the school setting after having received a verbal or written warning to cease the inappropriate behavior.

A person ejected from or refused entry to District property under this provision may appeal this action by filing an appeal under FNG(LOCAL) or GF(LOCAL) and shall be permitted to address the Board in person within 90 days of the commencement of the appeal if the grievance is not resolved at a previous level.


Other Concerns 

For all other matters, a student or parent should first discuss the problem with the appropriate teacher. If the teacher's decision is not satisfactory to the parent, the complainant may request, within ten District business days of learning about the event or problem, a conference with the principal. If the principal’s decision is not satisfactory, the complainant may request, within ten District business days, a conference with the Superintendent or designee. If the Superintendent or the designee's decision is not satisfactory, the student and/or parent may appear before the Board of Trustees, in accordance with Board Policy FNG (LOCAL).