Links & Resources
Special Education Organizations
- Parentally-Placed Private School Children with Disabilities Clarification Document
- Cerebral Palsy Guide - Provides information on cerebral palsy symptoms, treatments and support options Act.
- Idea Practices - Addresses questions about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- The Council for Exceptional Children
- Closing the Gap - Information on computer technology in special education and rehabilitation.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - Info. about communication disorders for professionals, students and families.
- The Arc - National organization of and for people with mental retardation and related developmental disabilities.
- The American Council of the Blind
- CHADD - The National Resource on ADHD
- Autism - General information regarding autism and related services.
- Exceptional Parent Magazine
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) - Resource that includes position papers, what is a school psychologist, etc.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Offers glossary of terms, facts for families, research, press releases, etc.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) - Resource detailing fact sheets, research studies, clinical trials, etc.
- Special Olympics of Texas
- The Council for Learning Disabilities
- Bright Solutions for Dyslexia - Dyslexia information and research.
- Family Education - The Learning Network Parent Channel with many resources available for parents and students.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- TEA Updates