Parents, students, community members, and teachers have the opportunity to serve on one of the three Task Forces:
The purpose is to assist VISD in developing a robust system of communication so that both external and internal stakeholders are always aware of the work of the district.
Efficiency and Resource Management
The Efficiency and Resource Management Task Force has three sub-committees:
- Digital Ecosystem: Purpose of this committee is to develop a Technology Plan, analyze and recommend appropriate instructional support for technology and infrastructures.
- Boundary Analysis and Re-Zoning: Purpose of the committee is to develop and enact regulations, review current attendance zones and recommend boundary adjustments.
- Bond Planning: Purpose of this committee is to utilize a 10-year facilities study and needs assessment data to analyze and recommend short, mid and long-term bond and facility efforts.
Innovation and Student Learning Pathway (Pk-16)
The Innovation and Student Learning Task Force has five sub-committees:
- System of Great Schools: Purpose will be to develop a call for quality schools, analyze and recommend a local accountability system structure, and develop a school performance framework.
- School Actions: Purpose of school actions is to work in several areas related to planning grants that VISD has obtained that include: Pre-K Early Childhood Center, School Re-start for O'Connor Elementary using the ACE model, and PTECH School-Within-A-School.
- Designing 21st Century Programs of Study: Purpose is to continue to explore options and recommendations related to Project-Based Learning, Blended Learning Environments, STEM, and to design programs of study that meet the needs of our students.
- Social Emotional Learning: Purpose is to research and analyze best practice as it relates to "Students as Learners" and "Students as People."
- Effective Schools Framework: Purpose is to define "Quality" as is relates to educational programs and staff. Additionally, this sub-committee will review talent recruitment and development as well as quality mentor programs.