Victoria Independent School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

2020-2021 Current Student Registration

current student registration forma de registro para estudiantes actuales
Snapcode Assistance for Current Students


Parents should have received an email in April containing a snapcode to access their child’s current registration information. If you need assistance with your child’s snapcode, contact your child’s campus by phone or email.


Email Address

Name Phone #
Aloe Elementary Kathleen Rohlack 361-788-9509
Chandler Elementary Ida Nagel
Crain Elementary Sara Torres 361-573-7453
Deleon Elementary Robin Cummins 361-788-9553
Dudley Elementary Holli Stevens 361-788-9517
Hopkins Elementary Carol Alvarez 361-788-9527
Mission Valley Elementary Angela Truax 361-788-9514
O'Connor Elementary Yvonne Martinez 361-788-9572
Rowland Elementary Julie Kallman 361-788-9549
Rowland Elementary Stephanie Means 361-788-9549
Schorlemmer Elementary Marian Niesner 361-788-2860
Shields Elementary Mary Martinez 361-788-9593
Smith Elementary Victoria Thomas 361-788-9605
Torres Elementary Laurie Priddy 361-788-2850
Vickers Elementary Bobbe Cauble 361-788-9579

Email Address

Name Phone #
Cade Middle School Jessica Davis-Williams 361-788-2840
Howell Middle School Cindy Bryan 361-578-1561
Patti Welder Middle School Patricia Castellanos-Clark 361-575-4553
Stroman Middle School Michelle Clark 361-578-2711
Victoria East High School Melissa Barber 361-788-2820
Victoria East High School Nicole Dybala 361-788-2820
Victoria West High School Karen Familo 361-788-2830
Victoria West High School Teresa Reeder 361-788-2830
Liberty Campus - Credit Recovery Rhonda Karnei 361-788-9650
Liberty Campus - DAEP Melissa Rodriguez 361-788-9658
Enrollment Documents Required for Current Students

To enroll a child in school, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to complete enrollment using the online registration system and to provide the following documents to the school:

  1. Proof of Residency (verified by district personnel) -- recent utility bill (electric, gas, or water) from last 30 days showing the residential service address; rental lease agreement; recent rent receipts; or home purchase contract.
  2. Power of Attorney -- only required if student lives with someone other than his/her parent/legal guardian
  3. Determination of Residency -- only required if parent and student live with someone else at their residence
  4. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
  5. Current Immunization Record (if entering PK, Kinder or 7th grade)

NOTE:  Furnishing false information on school documents is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10.

Enrolling at the Appropriate Campus

Although there are some exceptions, a student is required to attend the school appropriate for the student's grade level and within the attendance zone in which the student's parent/guardian resides (see "
Attendance Zones"). Proof of residency will be requested and reviewed to determine whether a student is eligible for admission at that school and if not, then the parent will be instructed as to which school the child must enroll at. Reference FDB-R.

The exceptions are as follows:

  • District Approved Transfers (as outlined in the section entitled "Student Transfers")
  • Homeless Students (more information found at "Family & KIDZConnection Center") TEC 25.001 (b)(5):
    • Students qualifying as homeless may attend their school of origin or their neighborhood school in accordance with FDC(LEGAL). Students who meet the ESSA definition of "homeless" [McKinney-Vento Act 42 U.S.C. 11435(2)] have the right to enroll in school immediately, even if they do not have required documents, such as school records, medical records, proof of residency, or other documents. The school shall immediately contact the last school attended to obtain relevant academic and other records. If the child needs to obtain immunization, or immunization or medical records, the enrolling school shall immediately refer the child's parent or guardian to the District's homeless liaison for assistance. If a family must relocate, parents/guardians of students in homeless situations can keep their child enrolled in the school of origin OR enroll at the neighborhood school assigned to that school attendance area. Students can stay in their school of origin the entire time they are homeless and until the end of any academic year in which they move to permanent housing. For more information, please contact your school's parent liaison or call the District Homeless Liaison at 361.788.9909.

Students Enrolled in Violation of Board Policy
A student who enrolls in a school other than the one that serves the student's attendance zone without an approved transfer OR falsely as a homeless student shall be subject to immediate return to the designated neighborhood campus.
Click on the categories below for more information:
Although state law does not require students to attend kindergarten, it is excellent preparation for first grade, and we encourage parents to enroll their children. To enter kindergarten, a child must be five years old by September 1st of the school year for which he/she would be eligible to attend kindergarten and be current on required immunizations. Students who are 4 years old on September 1st may enroll in kindergarten only if the child has successfully completed prekindergarten in an accredited public or private school.

Parents/guardians of kindergarten eligible students should register online for the school assigned to his/her attendance zone (see "Attendance Zones") prior to the start of the upcoming school year during which the child would begin kindergarten. Parent/guardian will be required to present necessary enrollment information at that time.

A child may be enrolled in the first grade if the child:

A child may be enrolled in the first grade if the child:
  • is at least six years old by September 1st of the current school year,
  • has been previously enrolled in the first grade or
  • has completed kindergarten in the public schools in another state before transferring to public school in this state.

Students who are 4 or 5 years old may enroll in the first grade if the child has successfully completed kindergarten or is currently enrolled in the first grade in an accredited public or private school.  Students who are 6 years old will enroll in the first grade unless the student was recommended for kindergarten retention by an accredited public or private school.

Parents/guardians will receive an email (to the email address on file). An individual email will be delivered for each student enrolled in the district. It will contain online registration instructions as well as a unique "snapcode" that is needed to begin the online registration process for that particular student. Parents/guardians will also receive a printed version of the email via school letter. If your email address or physical address is incorrect or needs to be changed, please contact your child's campus immediately.   

  1. Once you have a snapcode, click the "Current Student Enrollment" link on this page and enter the information requested by the online forms.
    Note: Required fields are marked with a red asterisk, and Victoria Independent School District will receive the data exactly as it is entered.  Please be careful of spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
  2. On the "Review" page, please check your data before submitting.
  3. Click "Submit".
    On the submission confirmation page you will have the opportunity to save or print out a copy of your registration to keep for your records. 

Note: Once the form is electronically submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation but that does not mean your child’s registration is “complete.”  You must still submit all required documents to the school either by uploading them during online registration or by hand-delivering them to the school before registration is “COMPLETE.”

If you have trouble with the online process or do not have access to a computer, each campus will have computers available for parental use.  Please call the school during regular business hours to make an appointment should you need to access a school computer for registration.

Need Help?
Contact any of our schools for questions or to make an appointment for online registration assistance during regular business hours.
Student Services: