One of her duties is to supervise the students as they eat lunch in the cafeteria. Recently, Mrs. English was supervising at lunch, and noticed that one of the young students (pictured) had turned very red in the face, and was holding her throat. The student was not able to breathe, cough or speak. Mrs. English recognized the signs of choking, immediately performed the Heimlich maneuver, and a piece of cracker flew out of the student's mouth! Her quick and decisive action may have saved this student's life.
Mrs. English was in the right place, at the right time, and knew immediately what to do. She later said that she had never taken a CPR class until this past August, when she just felt that she should take the class. This child's FUTURE IS BRIGHT because of Mrs. English!