This change is being made after reviewing drone footage of the traffic flow at and around Cade and Victoria West, and in an effort to continuously review and improve procedures. Please assist us by adhering to these changes. We will follow these procedures for the next 2 weeks, and then will review to see if changes have benefited our community.
Beginning the morning of Monday, December 9, buses will utilize the visitor parking circle and drop off students at the main campus entrance (indicated in red on the above map). There will be NO entry here except for buses. Parents will have the option to drop off students at the cafeteria doors in the student parking lot area (as previously done) or drop off in the loop around the employee parking area at the gym doors (previously the bus loop). All traffic will proceed the full route of Tropical Drive (no left turns will be permitted) and will complete the loop around at the end of Tropical Drive and then proceed to enter Parking Lot # 3 (previous bus route) to drop off students for Cade and/or VWHS or proceed to Parking Lot # 1 to drop off at the cafeteria.
Students who wish to park in the Parking Lot #1 will proceed the full route of Tropical Drive and then circle back to take a right turn into Parking Lot #1.
Pick-up and Drop-Off Procedures:
- Students and parents who are picking up or dropping off should follow the flow of traffic as denoted on the map.
- Students may be dropped off in the morning at the cafeteria entrance or the entrance near the employee parking lot.
- Please utilize the entire unloading area when dropping off students.
- Students are to be picked up by the cafeteria near the student parking lot after school. (Afternoon procedures will remain the same.)
- DO NOT drop off or pick up any students in the bus lane (front entrance) nor in the faculty parking lot.
- DO NOT pick up or drop off any student down the fire lanes in front of the school. Parking in the fire lane could result in a $100 fine.
- Students waiting for rides should maintain a safe distance from the parking lot and street.
- Parking in prohibited areas or unsafe driving may result in loss of driving privileges on campus.
***Flow of parking lot traffic may change as deemed necessary by administration***