Congratulations to Hopkins Elementary Assistant Principal, Tiffany Absher, on being 1 of 20 administrators named Region Assistant Principal of the Year by the Texas Elementary Principals & Supervisors Association(TEPSA)! The peer-based award recognizes assistant principals for their commitment to student learning as evidenced by exceptional school leadership.
Mrs. Absher will be recognized at the TEPSA Awards Reception in June, and will have the opportunity to be selected as the 2019 National Assistant Principal of the Year for Texas!
Assistant Principals Recognized with Peer-Based Award
AUSTIN, TX – Twenty administrators have been named Region Assistant Principals of the Year by the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association (TEPSA). The peer-based award recognizes assistant principals for their commitment to student learning as evidenced by exceptional school leadership.
One of these region principals will be selected as the 2019 National Assistant Principal of the Year for Texas. Supported by Horace Mann, the national award recognizes leaders who are committed to excellence through programs designed to meet the academic and social needs of all students; have firmly established community ties with parents and local business organizations; show strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students; and exhibit exceptional leadership in a particular school program.
Honorees will be recognized at the TEPSA Awards Reception Wednesday, June 12, at the Austin Renaissance Hotel.
The 2019 TEPSA Region Assistant Principals of the Year are:
- Michelle Ayala, Lamar Academy, Harlingen CISD, Region 1
- George Lerma, Tuloso-Midway Intermediate, Tuloso-Midway ISD, Region 2
- Tiffany Absher, Hopkins Elementary, Victoria ISD, Region 3
- Rania Maalouf, Kilpatrick Elementary, Katy ISD, Region 4
- Julie Fuller, Orangefield Elementary, Orangefield ISD, Region 5
- Stephanie Ingram, High Point Elementary, Navasota ISD, Region 6
- Monica Simmons, Elysian Fields Elementary, Elysian Fields ISD, Region 7
- Amy Stewart, Brice Elementary, Mount Pleasant ISD, Region 8
- Carol Gibbs, Farris Early Childhood Center, Wichita Falls ISD, Region 9
- Mary Myles French, Valley Ranch Elementary, Coppell ISD, Region 10
- Jennifer Putman, O.C. Taylor Elementary, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, Region 11
- Joanie Moody, Valley Mills Elementary, Valley Mills ISD, Region 12
- Ginger Bordeau, Buda Elementary, Hays CISD, Region 13
- Jamie Munoz, Clyde Intermediate, Clyde ISD, Region 14
- Cathyrn Humble, Bradford Elementary, San Angelo ISD, Region 15
- Kate Baca, Canyon Intermediate, Canyon ISD, Region 16
- Yvonne Valdez, Alderson Elementary, Lubbock ISD, Region 17
- Tanya Duewall, Pease Academy, Midland ISD, Region 18
- William Patti, Montana Vista Elementary, Clint ISD, Region 19
- Carrie Helmke, Highland Forest Elementary, East Central ISD, Region 20
“These assistant principals play a critical role on their campuses ensuring Texas students succeed. We are happy to recognize their work and commitment,” said TEPSA Executive Director Harley Eckhart.
TEPSA, whose hallmark is educational leaders learning with and from each other, has served Texas PreK-8 school leaders since 1917. Member owned and member governed, TEPSA has more than 5,900 members who direct the activities of more than 3 million PreK-8 school children. Learn more at www.tepsa.org