Tuition-Based Prekindergarten -- Children, who are four years old on or before September 1, 2020 and who do not qualify for either Early Childhood Special Education Program or the state-funded prekindergarten program, are eligible to enroll in the tuition-based prekindergarten program at participating elementary schools.
If you are enrolling your child in the tuition-based prekindergarten program, please read and sign below to show agreement.
- I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that my child’s immunization requirements are met by the first day of school attendance.
- I understand that this is an educational program, and my child must be present at the school for the full school day (check campus for hours). Students with ten absences may be dropped from the program at the discretion of the Early Childhood Coordinator. The schedule of the prekindergarten program will follow the VISD school calendar. If I decide to enroll my child in an afterschool program on campus, there will be an additional cost.
- I understand that there will be no Pre-K classes available on school holidays and teacher in-service days. I will be responsible for arranging supervision for my child on these days.
- I understand that all VISD policies will be in effect as my child will be considered a Victoria ISD student.
- Tuition-based students are not guaranteed transportation services. However, if there is space available and an existing bus route exists students will be considered for transportation.
- Breakfast and lunch are NOT included in the cost of tuition. I may choose to provide these meals myself or purchase them from VISD Food Services at an additional cost.
- I will notify VISD two weeks in advance if I plan to withdraw my child from the program.
- I understand that the first non-refundable payment will reserve my child’s prekindergarten placement and any refunds thereafter will be pro-rated on a daily basis.
- I understand that my child may be removed from the program for non-payment after missed payment. I will bear the cost of any and all expenses related to collection for a delinquent payment.
- Tuition is due by the 4th of each month. I understand that VISD may charge a $20 fee for any declined payments.
- I understand that I may need to apply for a transfer with the Office of Student Services if I wish for my child to be considered to remain on a campus not in my attendance zone after the Pre-K year and be subject to all the provisions of the VISD transfer policy.